Saturday 23 July 2011

UCHE JUMBO TALKS ABOUT HER MOVIE DAMAGE

Nollywood actress Uche jumbo spoke about violence in marriages and relationships and why she did a movie about it.. She said, 'Damage' is a story that needs to be told.  Domestic violence is a social issue that has alot of women suffering in silence so I decided to shoot a film about it. It was necessary to show how it affects not just the couple but even the children in the home'. She said alot of people thought it was too graphic... that I needed to edit some scenes out. Then incidentally, in the news, a lady (God rest her soul) lost her life as a result of domestic violence. It all made sense then. Women are not just the victims but men too!' I mention that I see that she and Kalu (Ikeagwu) really had a go at each other. She laughs; 'I gave as good as I got! You should see the movie'.

'Damage' premieres in Nigeria on the 31st of July 2011 at Silverbird Cinemas, Victoria island and starts screening in cinemas nationwide on the 5th of August..Its a must watch guys

No comments:

Post a Comment