Saturday 2 July 2011

GOVERNOR FASHOLA SENDS SON TO CARPENTRY SCHOOL


 Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Thursday said he had sent one of his children to a carpenter’s worshop to learn vocational skills. He spoke during the maiden edition of Governor’s Education Award held in Lagos on Thursday.

 Fashola told the audience that he was surprised that his son could not fix a plug after six years of sound post-primary education. “I called my son and asked him, what do you want to do now that you have finished your secondary education? He replied, ‘I want to do something with my hand.

“And I asked him, can you fix a plug? He said no. Then, I knew there was a problem and we (my wife and I) decided to send him to a carpenter’s workshop to acquire some skills,’’ the governor said.

2 comments: